Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Friday, January 22, 2010

THESE ARE MADE OF FABRIC!



The following 3 posts show quilts I saw at a giant fabulous quilt show at Ontario Convention Center. This annual quilt show is called Road To California
I think quilters were the first to use tiny blocks of color to create giant images. Now it is done in advertising and graphics but, quilters cut, sew and compose each little square. Think about it...each corner has to line up perfectly. I think I would either go blind or insane if I tried to create a quilt in this fashion.







These quilts were just amazing. Nothing like your great great grandma might have sewn. It's art and fabric is the medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment