Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Sunday, April 11, 2010

FIT in NYC











While in Manhatten we chanced upon FIT. I headed straight to the bookstore and there were FABULOUS books galore!! But alas, I was just beginning my trip so I would be foolish to fill my suitcase with books:( SO I settled for one wonderful little book called the Dictionary of Fashion written by Christian Dior in the 40s. It is a delightful little pink book.




After the bookstore we went to The Museum at FIT and saw two interesting exhibits; 'A History of Delman Shoes' with ads, commercials and lots of actual shoes from the 1930s to the 50s. Also 'Night & Day' which covered 250 years of fashion and the evolution of the rules that have governed fashion. No photos were allowed but, I did sneak a couple when the guards weren't looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment