Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Saturday, July 30, 2011

What I liked...








Sew ( haha ) there were LOTS of amazing quilts but, I realise I am a traditionalist and I really admire the quilts that are pieces of fabric sewn together. The fabric artist that paint on fabric are starting to creep into the quilt shows and I just think that is a completely separate art form.

The trifeca of color, composition and technique is what makes the American quilt unique. The pioneer women didn't paint quilts, they used their scraps of fabric for the practical reality of creating bedding.

It makes me sad to see fine arts skills replacing technical skills. Bring back the pieced and appliqued quilts!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment