Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Monday, January 23, 2012

Fabulous Faces


 And while the cloth figures delighted me- faces are always my favorite thingI love looking at people's faces and capturing that human quality in any one dimensional medium ( ie., paint, chalk, pencil, cloth, etc ) is a talent I very much admire.
Of course I laughed when I saw the Jack Nicholson quilt but was quite awed by the workmanship involved in creating all the shadows and highlights with individual pieces of cloth.
At least those fabrics pieces were solid colors unlike the boy and girl faces. These faces are composed entirely of  small pieces of patterned fabrics!! It is truly unbelievable


No comments:

Post a Comment