Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Thursday, February 23, 2012

One Hour Sweater Hat


For the five minutes of winter that happens in SoCal I wanted to try out this idea I read about somewhere. Basically you take an old sweater ( I got mine at Goodwill ) and use it to create a winter cap.


The original idea was to use the ribbing at the bottom of the sweater for the bottom of the cap but, my sweater had a really decorative neck that fit tight around my head so I just kept the neck intact and cut a shape I liked for the rest of the cap.

I overlocked the one long seam and then I added a little shape to my cap by overlocking a couple darts from the top and sewing some random folds in the cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment