Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Saturday, February 23, 2013

And the Winner is...


Apparently out of the incredibly, amazing, beautiful array of costumes only these costumes actually won an Academy Award in 2009 for costumes.


The costumes were from the 2008 film  The Duchess  starring Keira Knightley.


Many of the other lovely gowns were nominated for Academy awards and BAFTAs but, the competition must be fierce for this to be the only winner... so far.


Of all the pretty dresses this one was my favorite. 
It was worn by Minnie Driver in the 2004 film Phantom of the Opera 
The colors were so unexpected, especially since I LOVE that weird acid green.
*note, my top matches the dress :)


After viewing all these wonderful gowns I now have a long list of movies that I somehow missed and now very much want to see.
I'm sure it will be interesting to see the static costumes in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment