Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Friday, October 29, 2010

The Hunt for Treasures...


I can't believe I've reached a time in my life when I can pretty much buy whatever I want, within reason. Somehow that makes paying alot for items boring. Anyone can order out of a catalog or pay full price, so I've really gotten addicted to the hunt for the elusive bargain. This is especially true for sewing supplies and books because many are no longer available. I've amassed a nice collection of vintage sewing books and funky, functional supplies.
Here are my top five locations I like to scout;
#5 Friends of the Library bookstores
#4 Assistance League thrift stores
#3 Garage sales
#2 Church rummage sales
#1 Estate sales
And today I chanced upon a treasure trove at a very small, picked over estate sale. Check out what I bought inside this box...

No comments:

Post a Comment