Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Friday, October 29, 2010

INSIDE THE BOX!!!!!!

The estate sale had begun at 7:30am and it was already 11am so I didn't have high hopes. However I immediately spied a box with the brand new seam roll, pressing mitt and pattern weights so my hopes soared. Then it was a treasure hunt that yielded the funky collapsible tailor block, sleeve board and buttonhole guide. Inside the home on top of a sold television were the three sewing books and curved ruler. My arms were literally full and I'm thinking how much I should offer for all the items...would the sellers possibly go as low as $20?????
The next of kin of the deceased seamstress were thrilled that someone who sewed had gathered up all the sewing items. After some friendly chit chat they said I could have it all for... ( are you ready ) FIVE FREAKIN' BUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment