Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Saturday, November 13, 2010







The Scholarship Store at Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising is a total hit and miss experience. The fabrics are in a narrow hall in the back by the dressing rooms and the fabrics are whatever is donated. Also, the students at FIDM obviously probably nab anything great that makes it to the store BUT, I have found beautiful woolens and trims at ridiculous prices.
This trip the pickings were extremely slim and I recognized alot of bathing suit lycra that had been there my last visit months ago.
However at $1 a yard I scrounged around and found the striped knit and crazy blue knit that were nice quality. Then as the girl was cutting the knits I spotted the white gauze with the really pretty embroidery and sequins ( yes there are sequins but, I swear they're subtle ) and grabbed a couple yards of that.
So the knits are 60" wide and the gauze is 45" and I got VERY generous 1 1/2 yards of each for a whopping total for all three fabrics of $4.50. I am definitely satisfied with my purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment