Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Saturday, April 9, 2011

And now for the Important Stuff

While viewing the costumes I realised there was a $5 coupon in the program for the FIDM Scholarship store ( on the corner of 9th & Grand ). After perusing the Museum gift shop, which was wonderful with great original jewelry, I convinced my friend to go quickly to the Scholarship store before lunch. As I have posted previously the fabric at the Scholarship store is $1 a yard but, you never know what you'll find. This time there was lots of upholstery fabric and spanex fabric, neither of which interested me. I rummaged around determined not to leave empty-handed and found some wild zebra print fabric. Imagine my surprise at the cash register when I said I probably couldn't use my $5 coupon since my purchase was only a couple bucks. They said sure you could and gave me my fabric for free!! I love that Scholarship store. One last thing- I finally found a good place to eat. It's called Bottega Louisa and it's at 7th and Grand. It's very noisy but, with lots of different dining options and prices. You can grab something at one of the many food stations or be seated with waiters. The prices are moderate to expensive but, it sure beats the heck out of the filthy fast food joints around the fabric district!!

No comments:

Post a Comment