Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Saturday, April 9, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...



This week I was lucky enough to go to the 19th Annual Art of Motion Picture Costume Design exhibition at Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising ( FIDM ). FIDM is located at 9th and Grand in LA just a few tempting blocks from the fabric district :) But I was here to see costumes from many Oscar nominated movies including True Grit, The Kings Speech, Wall Street; Money Never Sleeps, Inception, The Kids are All Right, and lots of not nominated movies that had much more interesting costumes:)

In all there were 19 movies represented with just a few costumes from each. The exhibit was well laid out and I was enjoying taking photos until I saw the sign ' No Photos'. After that I had to be sneaky and the guard started dogging me! He also told me I couldn't have my bottle of water.

If you have the opportunity to go to this exhibit I highly recommend it. It continues April 30th, the hours are Tuesday-Saturday 10am until 4pm, and it's FREE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment