Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Monday, February 27, 2012

Jasmin Zorlu Freeform Felt Hat Blocking Workshop


On a beautiful weekend in my favorite city, San Francisco, I spent 8 hours being introduced to the fine art of millinery. I've often dabbled in hat making but, online I found this weekend course by milliner Jasmin Zorlu. A little research on Jasmin and I knew this class would teach me skills that may take years to acquire through trial and error.
The class was held in North Beach at the Emerald Tablet and limited to 5 students. Jasmin provided all the millinery supplies, a great handout with lots of information and sources, patience, and 20 years of experience ( although Jasmin seriously looks about 20! ).The gorgeous felt blanks for the hats were velour made from rabbit skins and Jasmin sent out color choices last week. 
This class was everything and a little more than I hoped for BUT, if you're interested sign up fast because Jasmin is planning moving to New York. 


More information with a You Tube video and registration instructions are at www.jasminzorlu.com/workshops.html or call 415 730-4666

1 comment:

  1. It was a pleasure having you, Judy! May you make many more delightful hats!

    ReplyDelete