Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Blooming Update



I racked my brain trying to figure out the easiest, cheapest way to create the faces for the flower marionettes. I would have LOVED to made a mold and just pushed clay into the mold 20 times but, the supplies were cost prohibitive so I decided on good old paper mache. First I created a pattern, cut the 2 pieces out of some stiff embroidery stuff, sewed the pieces together to create a cupped circle, wired a loop on the backside, and then applied a couple layers of glue/paper mache for strength and to give the paper clay something to grip.

Oh, I also rolled out 20 pairs of eyeballs and baked them. It's all about the assembly approach.









No comments:

Post a Comment