Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Downtown Seattle; final stop


Hat Camp was over and a fellow camper drove me onto the ferry, freeways and wet downtown Seattle to my funky downtown hotel Moore ( it was great ).
I had exactly 24 hours to spend in Seattle.


Passed the Starbuck factory with it's iconic face peeking at you.


First stop after checking in was a short 4 block walk to the flagship Nordstrom and a quick stop at Starbucks; which are on every corner.
Having visited countless Nordstroms from San Francisco to South Coast Plaza I was not all that bedazzled by the size and inventory of the flagship store but, it was very large.


I was bedazzled by the foam artistry of the barrista in the coffee shop connected to my hotel.


The next morning I walked the 2 blocks to Pikes Market even though it's touristy and I have visited a few times before. The market is just so cool.



Beautiful, colorful displays of produce


and flowers everywhere! 


 Fresh fish with with cute boys throwing it, selling it and yelling about it.



It's always fun at the market and I dare you not to buy something!
I bought yummy chocolate Chukar Cherries as gifts.

passed by Seattle Space Needle 

But, where I most wanted to go was Nancy's Sewing Basket in the Queen Anne area of Seattle. 
It involved a long bus ride and a short walk but, was totally worth it.

2221 Queen Anne Ave N.
www.nancyssewingbasket.com
 Behind the unassuming storefront of Nancy's Sewing Basket is a fabulous selection of fabrics, patterns, books, dyes, buttons, notions and trims that would fuel anyone's imagination. 


But, the ribbon room at Nancy's is the stuff of legends.
Having just visited Los Angeles looking specifically for ribbons and trims I can honestly say the selection at Nancy's was amazing. 
And there are a dozen boards with trim work displayed.
I limited myself to 10 yards total of hard to find iridescent and ombre and silk ribbons ( and some fabulous vintage buttons ).
I could have bought 50 yards and 100 buttons.


Concluded my 24 hours with a scrumptious chowder, sourdough bread and draft beer. 
The perfect end to a perfect trip.


 Bye, bye to the great Northwest, hope I get to visit again real soon.


I bought some great stuff on my trip and actually had to buy a tote bag to carry it all home. The indigo dyed camisole, hat blocks and 5 yards of feather trim are from Hat Camp. The vintage buttons. patterns and ribbons are from Nancy's Sewing Basket.
More projects are definitely something I am trying to escape but, these goods were just irresistible.

Stay tuned for some great projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment