Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fashion Week at the Bellevue Collection

 Had been planning and plotting my escape to Seattle, Washington for weeks when I realized departing a day early would put me in town for the first night of Fashion Week at the Bellevue Collection.
I bought a ticket for the opening night fashion show and lucked out with a great seat.


A surprisingly large crowd turned out for the fashion show.
 Outside the venue were displays of fashions and accessories by local Washington designers.
There was also complimentary beer and wine.


The energy and enthusiasm of these up and coming designers made for a spirited pre-show environment ( the complimentary beer and wine may have also helped )


Most designers already had well established businesses so the skill level was very high.

Hats by Boring Sidney Hats
www.boringsidney.com
 These hats were phenomenal and the designer showed up at my next stop; Hat Camp!
The designer/milliner Belle McCluskey


Finally it was time for the show and I took my awesome, great seat.
Eleven independent designers presented their lines and I saw about 100 fashions parade down the runway!
Below are some highlights; 

Ozen Company by Aykut Ozen


Trina Pierre byTrina Pierre

Paychi Guh by Paychi Karen Guh

Paychi Guh by Paychi Karen Guh

Corban Harper by Corban Harper

Erin Roby by Erin Roby

Lia Pal by Liuba Palanciuc

Sarsen by Heather Blanchard


After the energetic, high volume runway show all the 11 designers came out to thunderous applause and the winner was announced...


Aykut Ozen was named the top designer.


Getting my fashion fix from a live show rather than a magazine is always more enjoyable.
My one night at Bellevue Fashion Week was a great success.

No comments:

Post a Comment