Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Monday, April 1, 2013

Double your Scarf fun


Friday I attended the Last Friday of the month Sample Sale at the California Mart in Los Angeles. It is a real treasure hunt and this trip I found scarves for $5. 
I bought two scarves for a project that's been on my mind for quite awhile...
creating a mixed fabric scarf.


I cut the larger scarf down to the same dimensions as the smaller scarf ( approx 20"X 62" ) and then I had to decide if I should sew the short ends together into a very long circle scarf OR sew the long edge together and create a wide scarf.
I basted the pieces together both ways and the fabrics intermixed much better when worn as a wide scarf.


But, of course I love a good circle scarf and I couldn't resist after-all sewing my new wide scarf into a circle!

Love my newest scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment