Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Best Day Ever

Okay, so I procrastinated so long about buying tickets to the California Community College 2011 Fashion Symposium on April 16th that tickets were sold out . I was feeling quite sorry for myself when I got an email blast that Tim Gunn was participating in a fashion show at Fashion Island on the 16th and I decided to console myself by attending. It was a record breaking heat wave of a day so I cruised up PCH with the top down ( on my MINI! ) and a serious sun hat. Being alone I was able to squeeze into a seat just 3 rows from the stage and I was stoked! The fashions were by Kate Spade, Lucky Brand and Juicy Couture. I have some Lucky Brand necklaces but, I'm not a big shopper of any of these brands but, I was really there for Tim Gunn. And he did not disappoint; from the moment he appeared on stage he was witty, insightful, funny, catty, and quite the fashion sage. I was grinning from ear to ear and when I was selected to ask my question at the end of the show my heart was pounding in my chest. It was an intoxicating afternoon of fashion, commentary, unsurpassed people watching and just a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment