Thought for a lifetime

Einstein made the very important observation that " Imagination is more important than knowledge ".

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tie One On

Many of the quilts at Road to California were impressive for the amazing skill and artistry. 
This quilt caught my eye because it is beautifully executed, my favorite type of quilt; a crazy quilt, I recognized it was made from ties and I love using ties in projects.
Then I learned the story behind the quilt...


This wonderful crazy quilt was made by this woman from her father's silk ties after he passed away.
It took her years to complete and I bet it was very comforting as she worked to think about her father.
She even included a photo of her father wearing one of the ties on the back of the quilt.
What a very loving, special tribute.


No comments:

Post a Comment